Main Aims of FAWB
The main aims of FAWB were to:
- Provide scientific “proof of concept” for the application of stormwater biofilter technologies so that greater certainty could be afforded to all stakeholders in relation to the choice and design of such technologies
- Facilitate industry-wide adoption and implementation of the technology after proof-of-concept was established.
The specific outcomes of FAWB’s work will be innovative stormwater biofilter technologies underpinned by:
- New scientific knowledge about the key physical, chemical, and biological performances which underpin the performance (i.e. efficacy and reliability) of stormwater biofilters
- Design specifications for biofilters that form the basis for written technical guidelines to accompany legislation/regulation;
- Algorithms that assist in the design of biofilters for a wide range of applications;
- Prototypes of modular units for specific applications (e.g. device for stormwater treatment and re-use at the level of an individual household or a single commercial site).
About FAWB | Main Aims | Organisation Structure | Participants / collaborators